A lot of my friends don’t bother making a big deal about their birthdays, but I’ve always been a firm believer in celebrating. Why not? It’s the one day of the year you can make a big fuss about yourself. And an excuse to celebrate exactly how you want! I enjoy going out of my way for people’s birthdays, baking cakes, getting presents etc.

However, last year I was not excited about my birthday and now this year I’m not looking forward to it at all. And it really upsets my mom because she knows how much I act like a little child each year.

Maybe my 18th was good it’s hard for my birthdays to live up to that expectation. Or maybe it’s because last year and this year I won’t be spending it with one of the most important people to me. Whatever the reason, I miss my excitement. Usually the countdown begins exactly a month before but right now I don’t even want my birthday to come.


But at least I still get excited over other people’s birthdays!